Saturday, October 28, 2006

Accion! Cortela!

Some one needs to say a few Hail Mary's for breaking her vow of silence...(andrea). Although I realize my embarrasment shouldn't smother a good story. So how can I sum this up... Well one day before we were allowed to leave our school all the students were forced to be shot (with a camera) and give info to this lady from a Modeling Agency. When 2 weeks passed I recieved and accepted a "job offer." The few details I understood in spanish informed me where to met for a shuttle, and that we were going to the beach for a photo shoot.

When beach day came Andrea, myself, and 2 other models were wisked away to Puerto San Jose. About a 2.5 hour drive. We ended up spending the day in this incredible resort/conference center. We were provided with 2 fabulous meals, drinks all day, and access to pools and beach.

Yes there were beautiful girls, but the most interesting part was the camera crew and process. They were shooting a tv comercial for the tourism industry. The title of the ad campaign was something like "taste the fruits of Guatemala." This crew shot a dozen locations with different models, hoping to sell it when its finished. My role was to look happy drinking coconuts with my "sweet heart." They shot photo stills, and movie film. So I smiled for about 2 hours, which was easy believe me, and made bank! It was a long 12 hour day, but other than losing feeling in my leg for an hour or so no complaints! Stay tuned for Andrea's turn modeling...

Luke

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My role was to look happy drinking coconuts with my 'sweet heart.' " A great line! Perhaps this is foreshadowing...a way to work one's way through grad school? Just a thought.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can I say..... my son? a beach resort model? where did I go wrong??
so just which "sweetie" were you refering too anyway? and what was the atire? and will there be photos forthcoming?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home