Sunday, December 17, 2006

Student by Day
...Bartender by Night

After not working for how many months?, I took a night job at and American sports bar called Crazy Monkey. It definitely wasn´t my first choice of work but convernient and I am actually having a good time . I´ve made the transition to staying up until 2am and then trying to sleep in over the sound of the construction crew in the morning.

I make a woping dollar and hour plus dinner and $4 credit for drinks or food on my days off. Conveniently for Luke, he can eat a free meal while watching NFL tickekt. I speak Spanish more that I thought I would even if it is the same ten phrases over and over: On the rocks? I´m 27. I´m from NY. No, I´m married. Here´s your bill. What no tip?

It is really entertaining work. I meet so many different types of people from tourists, peace corps volunteers, crusty long time residents and partying locals.
Among my favorites have been the American gemologists (the inspected every piece of my jewlery with a mini flashlight), the 2 Pepsi guy, the man that growls, the Irish documentary crew, the Nicaraguan selling prosetheses, the blue- shot girl, and Hector the perfectionist waiter

Luke usually waits up for me and I recount my nightly stories as we finally drift to sleep.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, although luke is a slacker for not working yet, he's still the ultimate husband by all accounts...y muy romantico tambian!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! thats really funny- at least you get to practice some spanish even if its turning down the locals:)Thats a hard schedule to get used to though- but I am sure that every little bit of extra cash helps...Merry Christmas! I am assuming that you might not be coming home......too bad, Samuel would like to meet you....:)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Pa'lee and I will be happy to tip for some adult beverages in Redmond/Seattle someday.

Jeremy

4:21 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I LOVE it Andrea! See if Luke can sneak a picture of you behind the bar. Cheers!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caro bella hija de me,
Yo estoy mucho altenero para tu! It sounds like a fun and interesting job, One I have thought of from time to time for myself. Tanbien....... caro mono locco, por favor, cuidadoso!!! Primeramente, seguridad! Si? Si! Gracias!
cari o - tu papa segundo :)

Feliz Navidad!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas, dear friends--i ran by your old apartment today and wished you were here. wherever this finds you, hope you are well--

love from the good ole district
renee

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home