Monday, February 05, 2007

Another Earthquake...

I sat down a few minutes ago excited to check email, take care of some online business and most of all write a new blog entry! Just as I was about to begin my new post another earthquake (or tremble if your tough and have lived through major destruction). IT REALLY FREAKS ME OUT!!! Seriously I can´t remember what I was going to write before, and honestly its been 5 minutes and my eyes are still sort of swimming off-balance. I shutter every 30 seconds becuase I´m sort of jumpy...aghhhh. I know there is a reason so much of Antigua is in ruins. I like to think some terrible war or bizarre one time thing happened hundreds of years ago never to return. Of course the truth is there has been countless earthquakes here- many which have leveled Guatemala over and over, the last one 40 years ago. In 6 months, Andrea and I have easily experienced 6 little shakers and 2 others that registered around 5.5 on the scale of shakes. I cling to a dilusional belief that the government has strick ¨earthquake proof¨building requirments in place. Well I will try to write a more coherent post soon updating our volunteer efforts and general comings and goings. Much love to my people. Luke

2 Comments:

Blogger heidiann(e) said...

thoughts with you. glad you're both safe and okay.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Somebody's got a good camera eye. It is beautiful at the coast as you illustrate. So glad to hear you experienced only tremors. Love you both and wish for you a wonderfully filled time of linguistics and enjoyment for the next couple of months. Dad

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home