Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Water + Metal + Electricity

I have a love hate relationship with taking showers here. The love comes from the ability, with very few exceptions, to enjoy a hot-ish shower on a daily bases. The hate comes is really more of a constant fear of the shower otherwise known as the death trap.

See Picture:

Directions: Turn on water with enough pressure to riase a sometimes hidden metal piece in order to create a complete circut able to heat water passing by. I admit, despite my fear, I have actually only been electricuted once although it was memorable. While raising my pink, slightly failing apart loofa to be rinsed, those pesky charged electrons jumped through the wires, suds, into my fingers and surged out through my elbow.

For all I know, showers opperate in the same or similar fashion in the US- the difference is that the web of wires running from the shower head to the power source are nicely hidden behind a wall so that I can lather in ignorance.

The best (or worst) specamin showerhead yet we encountered on our most recent trip to Xela. It is clearly an older version.

Luke had to duck under it. The metal faucet was next to the frayed wires so that you had to get right up into its business of flowing electrified water just to turn it on & off. The best part was the huge spark that flashed indicating that the circut was indeed completed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home